About Department of Automobile Engineering:
The Automobile Engineering provides in depth knowledge of vehicle engineering, incorporating elements of mechanical, electrical, electronics, software and safety engineering it is applied to the design, manufacture and operation of motorcycle, cars, buses and trucks and their respective engineering subsystem. At Atmiya Diploma Automobile Department was established in 2012 with the intake of 60 students which has grown to the intake of 120 students in 2014.
Why Choose Automobile Engineering???
With the entry of several leading international car and truck manufacturers, there is an extreme demand for qualified service engineers in automobile engineering.
- Manufacturing & production
- Research & Development
- Product Development
- Computer aided designing of various parts, assembly, chassis & bodies of vehicle.
- Repair & Servicing
- Customization and Restaration
- Govt. Organization ( RTO, Railway, PWD etc
- Technician Post in Defense Services
- Eligible to join direct 2nd year of B.E. course in the disciplines like, Aeronautical, Automobile, Mechanical, Production Engineering etc.
The Department offers a 6-semester Diploma program in Automobile Engineering for those who have passed the 10 examination. The total intake is 60 per year. It is a Credit-Based Curriculum with a proper blend of laboratory classes. Each theory subject carries 3 to 6 Credits, Practical Subjects in addition to Basic Engineering, Basic Sciences and Management Subjects.
Students are required to take the following core subjects:
* Automotive Engines
* Automotive fuels and lubricants
* Automotive Transmission
* Vehicle Chassis & Body Engineering
* Vehicle Dynamics & Modern vehicle technology
* Automotive Pollution and its Control
* Automotive electrical and electronic system
Program offered by department and intake
Course: Diploma Automobile Engineering
Duration: 6 Semesters (3 Years)
1. Four Class Rooms with one Audio-Video Room
- Automobile Electrical System Lab
- Automobile Engine Lab
- Automobile Pollution Control Lab and Fuel & Lubricants Lab
- Automobile transmission Lab
Students have to carry out a major project in the final semester to complete the courses