Civil Engineering is one of the highly critical engineering domains where a perfectly built structure can facilitate people with much comfort but a minor mistake made by an engineer can take away hundreds of lives in seconds. So, deep knowledge and perfect understanding of the concepts and requirements of civil engineering is highly desirable. Civil engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics and material science for the design, analysis, construction and maintenance of civil structures. The department has highly qualified faculty members engaged in teaching with the aim of achieving excellence in various fields. The faculty members are specialized in different disciplines of Civil Engineering.
The diploma course is open to those students who have passed their class 10th or class 12th. In this three year of Diploma course in Civil Engineering is divided into semesters.
- The Institute offers a course on Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- This course is approved by AICTE and affiliated to GTU with intake of 90.
- Institute provides Environment Friendly infrastructure with state of the Material Testing labs with Advanced Equipments.
- The Department also works on innovation in education system with involvement of students and faculties.
- Technical Knowledge is given to students by providing Expert & Guest Lectures through inviting different Experienced industrial person from Field.
- Digital Education is also provided by Institute through Audio & Visual Aids.
- In teaching, we mainly focus on Student-Oriented approach.
- Department is mainly focussing on Practical assessment through weekly test, Mid-Semester test & by organizing parent meetings.
- Department also focuses on Project work and industrial training for practical knowledge enhancement.
To develop into a centre of excellence for quality education moulding and be an outstanding department devoted to providing high-end research, technical education in Civil engineering which will produce socially aware professionals to provide solutions to global community and development of humanity.
- To empower practicing engineers with the state-of-art technology to meet the growing challenges of the field.
- To design curriculum based on changing needs of stakeholders & provide excellence in delivery & assessment to ensure holistic development of civil engineering students.
- To mentor students in pursuit of higher education, entrepreneurship and global professionalism.
- To interact with industries to provide a knowledge base for existing and emerging technologies in the field of civil engineering.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students to mould them as civil engineers with social obligations.
Students should be trained not only in their technical areas of expertise but also in humanities, arts, literature, history, culture, politics and international affairs.
- To promote quality education, research and consultancy for industrial and social needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To establish centres of excellence in emerging areas of research
Mr. Khemendra R. Dattani
M. E. (Structure)
Experience: 7 Years
The best creator next to God are ….Civil Engineers!
Civil Engineering is the art of directing the great sources of power in nature for the use and convenience of man. Civil Engineering is that field of engineering concerned with planning, design and construction for environmental Control, development of natural resources, buildings, transportation facilities and other structures required for health, welfare, safety, employment and pleasure of mankind. Civil engineers play an extremely important role in the society. They are responsible for maintaining the overall safety of society in a number of ways including rural engineering, from constructing highways and buildings to bridges and tunnels.
Department of Civil Engineering in Atmiya College was established in the year 2012, Within very Short period, Department achieved the lead in many areas of Academics as well as in cultural aspects also. Our Department is committed to provide engineering knowledge in Practical way and to assist individuals to every students unravel deeper dimensions of learning and experimentation to enable students become more imaginative, integrated beings who constructively and creatively contribute to environment and society and play a vital role in the advancement of understanding and learning. We provide best laboratory and learning facilities to students to become an excellent Civil Engineer for taking up Challenging Works in the Industrial structure, Building, Cooling Towers etc., with creative and diversified Projects & to be part of a Constructive & Fast Growing World. Our Students got placed in Many well known construction companies like L & T and also got placed in Government sectors. For further studies our students got admission in foreign countries and well known institutions in India like IITs, BITS Pilani etc., after completing Diploma in Atmiya Intuitions.
Based on the report titled “Real Estate and Construction Professionals in India by 2020” by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, there is a demand-supply gap ranging between 82% and 86% of skilled civil engineers, architects and others. This means our country needs 4 million skilled civil engineers until next year. These are a few statistics that make it clear that there is a massive demand for Civil Engineers in the near future.
“No one person can shape the life of another. Your success and happiness depends upon your own self. Think for yourself and have a plan of life” ..by SIR M VISVESVARAYA
So Friends, Never doubt your abilities for a moment in life. Wish you good luck and All the best.
With best wishes,
I/C Head -Civil Engineering Department
|Sr. No.||Semester||Subject Code||Subject Name|
|3||3300003||Environment Conservation & Hazard Management|
|4||3300004||Engineering Physics (Group -1)|
|5||3300007||Basic Engineering Drawing|
|6||3300012||Computer Applications & Graphics|
|7||2||3990001||Contributor Personality Development|
|8||3320003||Advanced Mathematics (Group-2)|
|10||3320009||Applied Chemistry ( Group -1)|
|11||3320602||Basic Mechanical Engineering|
|12||3320603||Civil Engineering Workshop Practice|
|18||4||3330601||Structural Mechanics -II|
|20||3340603||Basic Transportation Engineering|
|21||3340604||Water Resources Management|
|23||3340606||Computer Aided Drawing|
|24||5||3350601||Design of Steel Structure|
|26||3350603||Water Supply & Sanitary Engineering|
|27||3350604||Estimating , Costing & Valuation|
|29||6||3360601||Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures|
|30||3360602||Construction Quality Control & Monitoring|
|3360603||Construction Project Management|
|Elective – I|
|3350605||Advance Construction Technology|
|3350608||Environmental Engineering & Pollution Control|
|Elective – II, Elective – III|
|Group – A||3360604||Building Services|
|3360605||Maintainance & Rehabilitation of Structures|
|Group – B||3360606||Railway, Harbour & Tunnel Engineering|
|Group – C||3360609||Ground Water Engineering|
|Group – D||3360611||Solid Waste Management|
|3360612||Water and Wastewater Management|
Atmiya Abhiyan Model Presentation
Climate Change Seminar
Employability Training Program Campus to Corporate Irshad Shaikh Ij Jadeja
Peer Learning By Student
Thalassemia Test And Awareness Program
Traffic CVC Surve Kotecha Chock Rajkot
Expert Talk By J K Cement
Poster Presentation On Engineers Day Celebration
Project Fair Final Year Student
Swachhta Abhiyan Celebration
Revision Or Doubt Solving Session
MSME Training Workshop
Bridge Making Competition
Ambuja Knowledge Center Seminar
Celebration Of World’s Water Day
Model Making Event
Visit At Hi-Bond Cement Plant & Bhadar Dam
Adani Port Mundra
Visit At Khandheri Stadium
Nuvoco Rmc Planton
Statue Of Unity
Visit To Under Construction Building
Visit To Filteration Plant
Sardar Sarovar Dam Visit
Soil Engineering Laboratory
Transpotation Engineering Lab
Applied Mechanics Lab
Building Material Lab
Construction Testing Laboratory