Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
It is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System.
Objective of ISTE
- Providing quality training programs to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity.
- To assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organizations.
- Providing guidance and training to students to develop better learning skills and personality.
Major Benefits of becoming an ISTE Member
- A Member of a National Professional Organization.
- Joined an academic Fraternity of over 1,24,000 strong professional.
- Preference to attend short-term training program for the academic excellence and to become eligible for career advancement opportunities.
- Getting monthly e-copy of ISTENewsletter by email
- Quarterly Indian journal of Technical Education (at concessional rates).
- Many more publications for Self Development, Institution Development, etc.( at concessional rates).
- Eligible to participate in Chapter level, Section level and National Level Conferences, Workshops and other activities of your academic interest etc.
Strength of ISTE
At present, the ISTE has a very large and an effective membership base consisting of
- 124024 – Life Members
- 5 lac – Student members
- 2734 – Institutional Members
- 1369 – Faculty Chapters
- 1479 – Student Chapters
ISTE Students Chapter Activities
- Organizing students symposiums and seminars
- Organizing weekly/monthly quiz programs for members.
- Organizing lectures by experts from industry, R&D organizations, defense services, government departments and other institutions.
- Coaching programs for writing competitive examinations and attending job interview.
- Training programs on report writing, project management
- Cultural Program
- Entrepreneurship Development Program
- Lectures on moral values and ethics
- Discussions, brain-storming sessions, group activities
- Training in public speaking and Training in becoming a master Student
- Visits to industry and work sites
- Programs in leadership and personality development
- Training in cooperative learning, environmental Awareness, basic management skills.
Achievement – Best Student Award
- ISTE will give a Best Student Award to one Student from each Students Chapter who is having the best overall performance as student and as a leader as decided by a Committee appointed by the Students Chapter Managing Committee.
- The Award consisting of a Certificate and a Medallion will be presented during the Annual Convention of Students Chapter.
2018 Award – Ms. Vishwa Gandhi
Achievement – Best Diploma Institute Award, 2018
- Atmiya Institute of Technology and Science for Diploma Studies achieved “Best Institute” award in 2018 by ISTE.